I was feeling a little silly when I wrote this post, but hey, what’s the point of having a blog if you can’t have a little fun with it now and then? Plus, I’ve been expending all my writing energy on revising my romance novel and had little creative juice left when it came time to post. If even one of these affirmations makes you smile, though, I’ve done my job.
1. Negative thought: My spouse/partner is driving me nuts.
Positive affirmation: God gave me a project He knew only I could handle.
2. Negative thought: My boss’s demands are out of control.
Positive affirmation: My boss’s high standards are excellent training for my next gig.
3. Negative thought: My house is so old and outdated.
Positive affirmation: They don’t build ’em like this anymore.
4. Negative thought: I’ll never be able to retire at this rate.
Positive affirmation: I’m too young to retire (even if hobbling about with a walker).
5. Negative thought: My job is sucking the life out of me.
Positive affirmation: I’m not dead yet.
6. Negative thought: Maybe I should stop drinking wine for a while.
Positive affirmation: Why would I do something silly like that? (followed by hysterical laughter)
7. Negative thought: I’m so out of shape.
Positive affirmation: I still look pretty good in dim light.
8. Negative thought: My house is always a mess.
Positive affirmation: My house is a beautiful, lived in mess.
9. Negative thought: The weather stinks.
Positive affirmation: Mother Nature’s moods mirror my own, and I embrace each and every one of them.
10. Negative thought: Life sucks, then you die.
Positive affirmation: I am fully and completely alive in every sucky and wonderful way.
Have a positive affirmation you’d like to share? Follow the format above and comment. I’d love to hear your spin on life!